Sunday, August 7, 2011

you win some, you lose some...

Well, so this is a harder blog for me to write. 

Hey there ya'll, this is Dawn.  The last month has been a difficult one for me.  I have had some family stuff come up that has been amongst some of the harder things I have been through in this life. My father passed away last month, pretty unexpectedly.  Since his passing I have gone back and forth with what to do, whether or not I should follow my heart and dream and go through with this trip, or to stop and be responsible and just let it go.  I know my dad would have wanted me to go anyways, but I do feel that sometimes we just have to let our personal desires go, sometimes there are times when it just really isn't All About Us.  There has been and will continue to be so much to take care of at this point, I Just can't conceive of taking off and leaving it all behind for my brother to be left to deal with, and for me to worry about from the road.   I know my dad would have wanted me to go, but my mind would not be peaceful, knowing of all the things I should be taking care of.  So this past week I decided not to go.  As much as this has been a dream for me for so long, it really is a relief at this point.  And this tells me I am making the right decision.  There are things here that I need to take care of.  And this is probably gonna take a while.  So it goes.

In happier news, Vicky is still determined to make this happen.  She has been training so hard lately.  I am still very very excited for her, and incredibly thankful that she has been so understanding of my decision.  Telling her I wasn't going was one of the poopier parts of this, but it makes me smile knowing she is so motivated to still go.  She is currently working on her plan, figuring out what she's gonna do, so I'm quite sure she will keep us all posted.  Vicky, you're The Best.

So.  Maybe one day I Will get to do this, but for now there is some Big Girl Stuff for me to take care of.
I hope you all are doing well and enjoying a playful summer, living vibrantly through little life adventures.
Many smiles and lots of magical wishes--
Dawn

too be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Dawn you r one tough cookie. I appreciate how hard this decision was. Much harder than the xc ride would be. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's one thing I've learned, people are far more important than ANY bike ride! The road will always be there when you're ready. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete